- Does not require vacuum holes.
- Can be useful for forming flat surfaces
- Good for cavity inserts, where an outer aluminium frame is used
- Highly cosmetic applications where finish is critical e.g. blister packaging
- Lead time reduced because vacuum holes are eliminated
- Computer aided design time shortened because there is no need to program tool paths for machining vacuum vents.
- Faster draw (shorter forming cycles) because vacuum draw over entire surface
- Heating and cooling times shortened because air is removed faster.
- Faster forming because plastic remains within the ideal temperature range. The sheet is stretched evenly over the whole mould.
- Tighter draw in complex shapes without a plug assist.
AlwaPor Porous Block – 1.968″ Thick
Alwapor is a porous tooling board made of aluminium and mineral particles bonded in resin. It is particularly suitable for thermoforming, easy to machine and can be polished to a shiny surface.
39.370 x 19.685 x 1.968″
Price includes shipping within the USA.
1 in stock
|R10 ball nose||7000RPM feed speed – 5000 mm/min|
|R4 ball nose||7000RPM feed speed – 3500 mm/min.|
|Average pore diameter:||12 – 15µ|